CCoVA 2020 Rally Day: Tentative Agenda
Pocahontas Building (900 East Main Street, Richmond, Virginia 23219)
January 28, 2020
7:45 am – 3:00 pm
Prior to arrival
- Wear royal blue to represent CCoVA and comfortable shoes.
- Please look up who your legislators are via https://whosmy.virginiageneralassembly.gov/, and try to make appointments with them from 8:00 am to 11:00 am or 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm. If they are not available we will still stop by their offices to drop off information and sign the guest book.
Meet in the front lobby of the Pocahontas Building or Designated Area (7:45 am)
- There are public parking decks throughout the area. Public parking options:
|410 E Franklin St.||609 E Broad St.||13 N 5th St.|
|116N S 7th St.||800 E Cary St.|
- When you arrive in the front lobby, you will receive a folder/talking points.
- Meet with legislators (8:00 am)
- During this time, we will split into groups/pairs to attend all scheduled meetings. At each meeting, please take a photo of yourself with the legislator or beside the legislator’s nameplate outside of their office. Send these photos to SAFE, and we will tag the legislator on social media.
- 9:00 am: Those who are interested and available will go to the House Briefing Room for a Press Conference with Smart Approaches to Marijuana (SAM).
- CCoVA members meet to enter galleries (11:20 am)
- Meet in front of the basement entrance of the Capitol Building (1000 Bank St, Richmond, VA 23218) to be introduced in the House (Del. NAME) and Senate (Sen. Chase) chambers.
- GROUP PICTURE!
- Meet at Suntrust Building for lunch (12:00 pm)
- As a group, we will walk to the Suntrust Building (919 E Main St, Richmond, VA 23219) to have lunch in their public cafeteria.
- Attend sessions on bills or continue to meet with legislators (1:00 pm)
- At each meeting, please take a photo of yourself beside the legislator’s nameplate outside of their office. Send these photos to SAFE, and we will tag the legislator on social media.
- Adjourn (3:00 pm)
BILLS: Visit the Google Doc link for bills CCoVA is monitoring click below link